Monday, September 8, 2008

Sully Plantation Quilt Show

...also referred to as "J Dogg and Big L hit the Quilt Snizzle" (we were feeling a little goofy).

So my good friend Lara and I went to the Sully Plantation Quilt Show on Sunday morning. It was a lot of fun...there was some good shopping, and a lot of antique quilts to look at.

Alright-straight to the pictures!



Loved this antique hexagon quilt:

And of course I am sucker for appliqué:
Close up of antique applique quilt:

Close up of hand quilting on antique quilts:

And this is what pushed me over the edge! Patterns for mini quilts to frame!
I got the pattern and the fabric kit for this one:
I love antique sewing machines!The loot! I got some good deals on fat quarters:Some more mini quilt patterns:

4 comments:

little acorns said...

Don't you just love a quilt show outdoors?! The quilts are lovely! . . . & you discovered Lori Smith!!! I love, love, LOVE her designs & have a 'collection' of them (my "someday collection"). I also love her quilt designs for framing, . . perfect for all around the house!
Looks like a wonderful day!
xo, Bren

Jeanette said...

How fun,I have never been to an outdoor quilt show. It must be nice to have the sunshine bringing out the colors of the quilts.

Sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to see your projects come to life!

SewAmy said...

the quilt show looks like it was fun. I have never been to an out door quilt show either.

em's scrapbag said...

What fun you must have had. The quilts are lovely, and you picked up some great treasures.