Saturday, September 20, 2008

OMG!

No, your eyes are not deceiving you...that is a Bernina sewing machine! I'm still in shock, so bear with me as I try to explain. A couple of weeks ago my mom and Aunt went to the quilt show in Puyallup, Washington. I asked them to take pictures, which they did (see post), and jokingly said they could get me a present, since once you become a "Mom" you don't get presents anymore. Later that day they told me that they felt so sorry for me that they bought me a present. A little one. And it was going to take two weeks to get here. So they told me it was going to be delivered today, that I couldn't leave the house until it got here, and I couldn't answer the door until I had them on the phone. At this point I thought they were being a little crazy.

Well, the doorbell rang and I could see the FedEx truck outside. So I called my mom. No answer. Called my Aunt, she finally answers! By then I had brought the box inside and saw the Bernina logo on the sides. In my head I'm thinking, "Is it? No! It couldn't be! But it is heavy enough...what else could it be?!" So after my Aunt answered I opened it, and yes it is a Bernina sewing machine! By then I am bawling. She told me my grandmother really wanted to buy me a sewing machine. My grandma died this February. So my mom and my Aunt bought it for me from her. That really set off the bawling. I had to get off the phone, my daughter was freaking out, and what was my husband doing? Taking pictures of me! Ugh!

I don't really know when I'm going to be able to talk about MY NEW BERNINA SEWING MACHINE without crying.

Moving on....I made another apron yesterday with some fun paisley fabric:

And...I got my first package from my Stitcher's Angel! She sent me this beautiful album (I'm going to use it to hold pictures of my quilts) , a cupcake thumb pincushion (love cupcakes!),...and this beautiful wall hanging!

8 comments:

SewAmy said...

oh what a wonderful surprise ! You had me crying while I was reading the post. I am so happy for you. Aren't families wonderful!

And your stitcher angel's goodies are wonderful too.

What I great couple of days. :o)

Jeanette said...

Wow, what an incredible gift from three very important women in your life. What a treasure. But then I'm a sap and love having sentimental ties to the things around me.

Congrats on your new sewing machine. I am jealous.

And congrats again on your stitcher's angel gifts. I'm jealous there too LOL

Jeanette said...

oops, forgot to add, your apron turned out darling. Love the colors and I love Paisley too =0)

Joy said...

What a fabulous gift, I bet you were chuffed to bits!! How incredibly thoughtful of your Mum and Aunt.

little acorns said...

Oh Jennifer!. . . how wonderful!!! Especially as you were looking for a new machine! But the best part is the connection with the amazing women in your family that it represents. What a sweet testimony to the love & the future heirlooms that will be made from it!
Have fun with it!. . . (& happy, meaningful tears are the best kind!) xo, Bren

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Jennifer!!! This is such an awesome gift and Berninas are just fabulous machines - according to my sewing pals.

Lucky girl!! Cute apron! Now I want to see a banner made!!

((hugs))
Becky

Betsy said...

welcome to the club! it is the best sewing machine you will ever own. There is none better.

Robin said...

*sniffle* What a wonderful gift. Your story made me all teary-eyed, and I don't even know you! :)

It's a great machine (I have the 440QE)-- you're going to have so much fun with it!