Saturday, May 16, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig!

My market trip is officially over! :( I had so much fun! I've always read the blogs of those who get to go, and this time it was my turn! My favorite part was meeting all the celebrities! Here's me with Sandy Klop, aka American Jane:
She is seriously one of the nicest people I have EVER met! She even gave me advice on sewing curved seams! I think I should show up on her doorstep with my fabric, ready to hang out and sew. What do you think?

Yes, I got my picture with Anne Sutton! Her new Christmas BOM was just gorgeous, and she has a new squirrel pincushion and a cute cute table runner!
I know I promised more booth pictures. Here's Michael Miller, my favorite booth! The picture doesn't really do it justice. It was beautiful! I could've moved right in! ANd the fabrics...yummy! The shop owner picked up a few lines.

And here's Patty Young's display at Michael Miller.On our way out of town, we stopped for a quick bite at a 'famous' sandwich shop. And I don't remember the name! They put coleslaw AND fries on their sandwiches! Here's Tara's sandwich:


Liberty tried her hardest to wait up for me. When I got to her room, this is what I found:
That's her giant "crock-o-dy-yal" from Ikea. He's about 6 feet long! I guess I'll have to wait for the morning to get my hugs and squeezes!

Tomorrow we're off to the lake for a few days. I have the mother of all giveaways planned, so stay tuned! I've got tons and tons of market swag that I am giving away! Yep, I'm going to give it to some lucky reader. Okay, not all of it, but let's just say there will be magazines, patterns, doo-dads, and MAYBE my Moda bag (hubby says its too hard to ship, so we'll see). I'm restricting it to my blog followers only, so if you haven't checked the little "follow" button, you'd better hurry!

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Your pictures are great...I've read on several blogs that the Michael Miller booth was amazing...but yours was the first to show pictures! It must be great fun to meet all of the designers!

Jeanette said...

I'm so glad you had a great time, what a special treat to get to participate in an event like that!

I am jealous!

rachel griffith said...

how fun!!!
i can't wait to see all your loot.
what about us twitter followers, do we count???
:D

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great to hear what it is like for a first timer to go to market. Glad you enjoyed it!

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting photos! I'm on the other side of the country (Seattle) and wasn't able to go this year. Looks like it was a great time.

QuiltSoup said...

So sorry to have missed you at market. The fabrics I used in my flower blocks are mostly Lecien and some are from my stash!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm so jealous! You got to meet people I want to meet. Sandy Klop is someone I'd like to get to know. I did a curved piece block over the weekend - well the first one wasn't so great so I made it again. Not so great either - but better. I'd be interested in knowing what her curved seam tips ere.

thanks